SuzelleDIY – How to Make a Heart Tart
Check out my last Valentine’s Day video below:
Full Recipe in the Description below!
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and don’t forget to subscribe above!
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
SuzelleDIY is produced by Sketchbook Studios
Sound mixed by Chris Querido
Music : Christiaan Bakker : Elevator Music Attempt
How to make the Heart Tart
You will need:
4 Layers of puff pastry
1 punnet of raspberries
1 slab of white chocolate
4 Tbs raspberry jam, strained
1 cup of whipped cream
1 1/2 cups of full cream milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbs flour
1) Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C
2) Cut your pastry sheets into heart shapes using your creativity. Prick them.
3) Bake them individually for about 15 minutes, until puffed and golden, allow to cool.
4) To make the custard, heat the milk on the stove. Keep your eyes on it!
5) In a bowl, whisk your egg yolks, sugar and vanilla together until creamy
6) Add the flour and whisk until combined
7) Add half of your warm milk to the bowl slowly, whisking all the time
8) Add your bowl mixture back to the remaining milk in the stove.
9) Keep whisking your mixture on a low heat until it thickens. Patience is everything.
10) Leave the custard to cool and pop it in a Zip lok for piping
11) Spread a layer of whipped cream on your first pastry heart.
12) Place your next heart on top and pipe on your custard (Be creative guys!)
13) Place your next heart on top of the custard and layer with cream and berries.
14) Melt the white chocolate and spread it over your final pastry heart.
15) Decorate with dots of raspberry jam.
16) Drag a toothpick through each dot to make little hearts. Oulik. There’s it!
PS. In French this is called a Mille Fuelle. Did you know that?
Happy Friendship Day!